Alumni returned to the AHS campus from 8states; Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Florida, and Virginia.
Former students, administration, faculty and friends were welcomed by AHS Reunion President Hazel Crenshaw Garrett (class of 1962). The posting of colors was done by the AHS Junior ROTC followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag. The invocation was led by Dale Dobbs (class of 1964).
The class with the highest attendance this year was the class of 1962 with 18 members present. The classes of 1953 took second place with 9 members present.
The eldest man present was Mr. Everett Adams of the class of 1945. The eldest lady in attendance was Mrs. Ella Staples of the class of 1932.
The scholarship recipients are nominated each year by their based upon their outstanding moral character and coupled with the following traits: trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.
The silent auction featured wood crafts, furniture, frame, computer and more, with all proceeds going to support the annual Reunion Scholarship Fund. Among those donating for the silent auction were – Perry & Linda King, Dr. Mike Ballard, Marion Smith, Sonny Ellis, Jimmy Crowder, and Glynda Fulce.
Reunion president Hazel Garrett asked the attendees to call the names of those who had died during the past year. Among the names called were – Hunter Vaughn, Red Busby, Joan Bowie and Thomas Black.
The Ackerman School Reunion Group elected three members to serve on the Executive Steering Committee: 2012, Sedgie Taylor – 2013, Joyce Vaughn – 2013, Ruth Nowlin – 2014, and Jerry Sanders - 2015.
Save The Date – Please mark your calendars for the 2013 Ackerman School Reunion – Saturday, April 27.
Teachers and Coaches in attendance:
- Betty Sue Adams
- Everett Adams
- Martha Kilpatrick Stark
- Madeline Wood
Roll call of class and number present:
- 1932 - Ella Staples
- 1945 - Everett Adams, Betty Sue Adams
- 1946 – Sarah Long
- 1947 - Louise Draper, Alvin Coleman
- 1948 – Bobby Cooper, June Snow Jackson
- 1949 - Felt Montgomery, James Keen, Mary Lou Cooper
- 1950 - Roy Blanton
- 1951 - Billy Orr, Stanley Phillips, Ralph Bowie
- 1952 – Johnny Faye Spears (Long), Doyle L. Spears, Elizabeth “Libby” Hamrick Owen, Lillie Blanton Timothy, John A. ?
- 1953 - Jack Bowie, Billy J. Garner, Fredna Dent, Glendal Reid, Billy McDowell, Bobby H. Prewitt
- 1954 - Kenneth Smith, Bobby Black, Bobby McClure
- 1955 – Edwin Blake, Blanche Mearle Gammill
- 1956 - Pat Wood Bowie, Martha Oswalt, Ann C. Godfrey, Martha C. Stark, Eddie Lou Finger, George B. Hunt
- 1957 - Ruth Love Black, Kenneth Jackson, Johnny M. Fulce, Roselyn Glasgow Bryant, Daniel Wise
- 1958 - Dick Burney, Sonny Ellis, Thomas Pritchard, Thomas J. Bowman, Marjorie Hunt, Tom Staples
- 1959 - Charlotte Gaston Reid, Johnnie Ray McClure, Brenda McClure Wise
- 1960 - Walker (Brother) Wood, Gene McClure, Ann Edwards Bush, Waverly King, Betty Kilpatrick Davis, Tom Glasgow, Bennett Moore
- 1961 - Rhodena (Moss) Lang, Linda McClure Tharp, Ben F. Tharp, Etoyle (Brooks) Bowman, Leonard Blanton
- 1962 - Bruce Erwin, Peggy Henderson, James Wells, Barbara Taylor, Robert Prewitt, Andra Walton, LaFrance M. Graham, Nita McClure Connell, Betty Jo Crenshaw Leahy, Sue E. Wright, Johnny Robinson, Glynda Chaney Fulce, Carolyn Bright Norman, Gary Oswalt, Winky McAdams, Gay Stacy Gaither, Carolyn Dean Vowell, Jerry Orr
- 1963 – Gary keen, Linda Crowe, Jerry Sanders, Mary Jane Reed
- 1964 – Dale Dobbs, Mike Ballard, Hazell Garrett
- 1965 – Sue Gilliam Keen, Becky Love Curtis Orr
- 1966 – Kay Staples Taylor
- 1967 - James M. Oswalt, Jr.
- 1969 - Buddy Smith, Derry Brunt
- 1971 - Carol Erwin Smith, Sedgie Taylor, Wilson Gammill, Hugh B. Weaver, Fannie Redwine, Betty Harwell, Nicki Keeton
- 1972 – Cindy Rhodes Eubanks, Bonnie Bowie Brunt
- 1978 – Gwyn Wise Nick
- 1980 - Lynn Wise
- 1981 – Tim Harris